Saturday, May 29, 2010

Tracking numbers!

If you are regular consumer of on-line retail shops like myself, it's a most exciting experience when the parcel finally arrives and you get to rip it open to see what treasures await in the (recycle-able) cardboard box. It's like Christmas every time.

But then there are occasions where the parcel never arrives. Tracking down where the fault is along the line is one headache. One thing that helps this laborious chore immensely is to have some means of tracking the parcel. Mainly by way of a tracking number.

I'm currently experiencing one of these moments. No, I've actually got 2 - 3 parcels I'm waiting on. I have since discovered, with the help of the only parcel that has a tracking number that my local postal service attempted delivery but failed, sent the parcel back to the depot and left a note-to-call. I have never received the note-to-call, so would have never known whether they'd attempted to send it or otherwise. But with the help of the tracking number, I might yet be able to recover the parcels. Well, one of them at the very least.

The lesson learned: tracking numbers are handy. Most well established sellers like Amazon.com and many on-line shops will have a tracking number as a standard part of their deliveries. But for personal sales such as those made through on-line auction sites, it may pay to pay a few extra dollars for the safety of a tracking number.

No comments:

Post a Comment