Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve

'twas the eve before Christmas Eve, and things are just as mad as ever. Shopping centres are packed with people shopping. Shopping. Shopping! It appears to have been this way for the last week or so. It's greed. It's necessity. It's just us doing what we do best: trying to do everything at the last minute. In a way it's fun. Fun to an observer, though probably not to those that are in the thick of things. There are a variety of reasons for the congregation of people at the malls, I'm sure. But yes, that's just how things are in the consumer world at this time of the year. Tomorrow, the 24th day of December, I still have two thirds of a day's worth of work left to go at the office. Shopping's all done and I'm all set for the break. But as I sit here typing all this, I'm thinking: "It's a Tuesday, but feels like a Friday" That's fairly general and can cover any day preceding a day off or holiday. Maybe it's the effects of my expectation of the day off ahead? Who knows. Well, time to rest up and get ready for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment